Thursday, February 7, 2013

60-Day Hiking Challenge: The "Y": Week 6

Last summer I decided to challenge myself physically. I needed something repetitive that I didn't have to think about each day - I would just get up and go. I wanted to be outside. I wanted Kal with me. Most of the time I wanted it to be just me & him, so I could use the time to meditate and think. It was a very cleansing experience. Brought a lot of peace in my life to be in nature and to spend that much one-on-one time with my son. I decided on a 60-day hiking challenge up to the "Y" in Provo. The goal was 6 hikes a week for 10 weeks. This was Week 6.

Hiking Day 31.

He was super grumpy this day. Think it must've cut into his naptime.


We kept hearing stuff in the bushes. Creepy!


Trying not to smile at me cuz he wants to be grumpy. Ha ha. He's like, "Get outta here!"


It was a hot day. Even slathered with sunscreen everyday, he still got tan and I still got burned.

He thinks he's gangsta.



A lizard!

A squirrel!

Creepy spiderwebs everywhere.

Hiking Day 32. Lots of people go paragliding from the "Y"... I totally want to do that.

They looked much closer to me in real life.


View of the lake... and the purty clouds.



Taking a rest.

Hiking Day 33.






Taking a picture of myself to see if I was sunburning. Ha ha.


Almost slipped and fell down this thing when I was reaching for Kal's sippy cup once. Ack!

Hiking Day 34. I don't know what it is with him and rocks, but he is perfectly content to play in the dirt. Guess he's just a boy. :)

I love night hiking. Love looking out at the sunset and the lights of Provo and Utah Lake.

Hiking Day 35. Clouds were getting crazy, but the weather stayed okay.


Hiking Day 36. I'm just noticing how often he's without shoes in these pics! Ha ha. He just never wanted them on. This was before he learned to walk, so I was always carrying him anyway.

Storm was coming!




The wind was blowing like crazy and I kept watching the clouds to see what the weather was doing.


Almost to the top!


Clinging to those turn posts like nobody's business!






Clouds were getting spookier...



We got caught in the rain! It hardly ever rains, so it was a surprise to me. We hid in the trees and Kal thought it was funny.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog