Thursday, February 7, 2013

60-Day Hiking Challenge: The "Y": Week 5

Last summer I decided to challenge myself physically. I needed something repetitive that I didn't have to think about each day - I would just get up and go. I wanted to be outside. I wanted Kal with me. Most of the time I wanted it to be just me & him, so I could use the time to meditate and think. It was a very cleansing experience. Brought a lot of peace in my life to be in nature and to spend that much one-on-one time with my son. I decided on a 60-day hiking challenge up to the "Y" in Provo. The goal was 6 hikes a week for 10 weeks. This was Week 5.

Hiking Day 25. This was when there were a lot of wildfires this summer. You can see the smoke across the lake.

  There was a bunny rabbit! Yay for nature! I chased it until it got too far into the bushes.

Hiking Day 26.


LOTS of wildfire smoke in the air.

Hiking Day 27. He could play with those rocks all day.

He just *has* to touch each turn marker. I don't get it. Lol.

Posing with his rock.

What sucks is when I'm carrying him and he wants to carry a huge rock too! He's heavy enough!

Posing at the top of the "Y."

I was running back down and something told me to stop. I stopped *right* before stepping on a huge rattlesnake that was crossing the trail. I freaked out and then tried to take a picture before it got all the way into the grass. Scary!

Hiking Day 28.

Hiking Day 29. Kal likes to take his shoes off and put his toes in the sand/rocks. I love these caterpillar toes!


Hiking Day 30. He's excited for the hike! Let's go!!

This was when he was learning the whole "cause and effect" thing - dropping things and watching them fall.

He *loves* these turn posts. Won't let go of them sometimes.


Just chilling.

Seriously, sometimes he won't let go! Ha ha.

Looking very brown. He's lost his tan since last summer.








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog